Over a decade of R&D and operating history with Tyson Foods, Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC), and multiple commercial deployments, has proven Ecoremedy®’s ability to gasify a broad range of materials. We’ve focused on wastes that have proven to be problematic for other technologies. These waste materials often have the following characteristics:
- Low energy content,
- High ash content,
- High moisture content, and
- High moisture variability (wet and sticky material comingled with dry and dusty material).
We’ve also been selected by multiple independent project developers as the preferred gasification technology for medical waste disposal. Our quiescent fuel bed and long retention time is ideal for controlling emissions to levels well below all other combustion technologies and ensuring all the waste is converted to an inert, harmless Fluff amounting to only 3% of the initial infeed weight.
Renewable fuels successfully processed in the Ecoremedy® gasifier include, but are not limited to:
- Crop waste: Corn stover, corn stalks, Hulls, distillers grains and grasses
- Animal agriculture waste: Chicken litter, laying hen manure, turkey litter, processing byproducts (DAF sludge), composted cow manure, duck manure and wet cattle digestate
- Spent mushroom soil
- Industrial wastes: Pallets, cardboard, shredded paper, ingredient bags, packaging debris, coffee grounds, and fats and oils
- Biosolids: sludge from waste water treatment facilities
- Medical waste: regulated medical waste, pathologicals and pharmaceuticals (all non-hazardous)